Advanced Lineworker School (ELT 116)
Paul Joseph Klutz MD Library and Education Center, Maiden, NC
Monday, June 05, 2023
- Friday, June 09, 2023
Add to Calendar
Eastern Standard Time
Registration deadline May 22, 2023
The Advanced Lineworker School introduces simulated energized line work. Topics include safe working practices and procedures, use of aerial lifts and the application of rubber protective equipment. Upon completion, students will be able to demonstrate proper techniques of energized line work.
- Bucket Rescue Techniques
- Equipotential Personal Protective Grounding
- Proper Cover-up Techniques
- Proper Safety Procedures for Energized Overhead Maintenance and Construction
- Reconductor Overhead Lines
- Various Distribution Pole Change-out Scenarios
This school is not intended to certify an individual as outlined in (a) (2) (vii) of the 1910.269 Electrical Power Generation Transmission and Distribution Standard.
STUDENT REQUIREMENTS - Students are required to bring the following:
- Required PPE (hard hat, work gloves, rubber gloves and protectors, ANSI Z87 safety glasses, work boots)
- Side Cutter Pliers
- Channel Lock Pliers
- Lineman’s Hammer
- Large Flathead Screwdriver
- 12” Adjustable wrench
- Ratchet wrenches ½”, 9/16”, 5/8”, ¾”
- Hex Key set 3/16-3/8
- Folding Fiberglass Ruler
- Skinning knife
- Lineman’s ratcheting wrench
- Penta Star wrench
- Climbing Gear
- Rain Gear
- Bucket Harness and Lanyard
- FDR long-sleeve shirt(s)
- Latest Edition of the APPA Safety Manual
Students are encouraged to bring a clean pair of shoes to wear inside the classroom. Students who are physically restricted to participate will be dismissed. Those with damaged or defective equipment will be dismissed.
- Monday: 9:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m.– 12:00 p.m.
- Members: $799
- Associate Members: $1149
- Non-Members: $1699
PREREQUISITES: Intermediate Lineworker School
CANCELLATION POLICY: If a course is cancelled by ElectriCities, all registrants will be notified with a full registration fee refund. Participant Cancellation and No Shows: A non-refundable registration fee will be charged for cancellations after the deadline of May 22, 2023.
AFFILIATED PROGRAMS: This course satisfies Safety School requirements for the ElectriCities Lineworker Career Development and Apprenticeship (Level IV).
NASH COMMUNITY COLLEGE: This course is part of the Nash Community College Electric Line Construction Technology Degree program. Successful completion of the ElectriCities Advanced Lineworker School grants participants credit for Nash’s “Overhead Line Construction III” (ELT 116).
INSTRUCTOR: Mark Todd