Intermediate Lineworker School (ELT 115)
Nash Community College, Rocky Mount, NC
Monday, September 11, 2023
- Friday, September 15, 2023
Add to Calendar
Eastern Standard Time
Registration deadline August 28, 2023
The Intermediate Lineworker School introduces line maintenance, construction, and framing. Topics include safe working practices and procedures of working off a pole using hooks. Upon completion, students will be able to construct a line and perform routine maintenance to specifications.
- Chain Saw Safety Handout
- Cross-arm Construction
- Equipotential Personal Protective Grounding
- Install Transformers
- Pole Climbing
- Pole Framing
- Pole & Line Specifications
- Replace Damaged Insulators
- Single-phase Line Construction
- Three-phase Line Construction
- Tie Wire, Armor Rods, Preform Ties
This school is not intended to certify an individual as outlined in (a) (2) (vii) of the 1910.269 Electrical Power Generation Transmission and Distribution Standard.
STUDENT REQUIREMENTS - Students are required to bring the following:
- Required PPE (hard hat, work gloves, rubber gloves and protectors, ANSI Z87 safety glasses, work boots)
- Side Cutter Pliers
- Channel Lock Pliers
- Lineman’s Hammer
- Large Flathead Screwdriver
- 12” Adjustable wrench
- Ratchet wrenches ½”, 9/16”, 5/8”, ¾”
- Hex Key set 3/16-3/8
- Folding Fiberglass Ruler
- Skinning knife
- Lineman’s ratcheting wrench
- Penta Star wrench
- Climbing Gear
- Rain Gear
- Fall Protection System (BuckSqueeze)
- Bucket Harness and Lanyard
- FDR long-sleeve shirt(s)
- Latest Edition of the APPA Safety Manual
Students are encouraged to bring a clean pair of shoes to wear inside the classroom. Students who are physically restricted to participate will be dismissed. Those with damaged or defective equipment will be dismissed.
- Monday: 9:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m.– 12:00 p.m.
- Members: $799
- Associate Members: $1149
- Non-Members: $1699
PREREQUISITES: Basic Lineworker School OR completion of an accredited Community College Certificate Program. Submit a copy of certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If a course is cancelled by ElectriCities, all registrants will be notified with a full registration fee refund. Participant Cancellation and No Shows: A non-refundable registration fee will be charged for cancellations after the deadline of August 28, 2023.
AFFILIATED PROGRAMS: This course satisfies Safety School requirements for the ElectriCities Lineworker Career Development, Underground Career Development and Apprenticeship (Level II).
NASH COMMUNITY COLLEGE: This course is part of the Nash Community College Electric Line Construction Technology Degree program. Successful completion of the ElectriCities Intermediate Lineworker School grants participants credit for Nash’s “Overhead Line Construction II” (ELT 115).
INSTRUCTOR: Nick Whitley