Member Only Hands-On Test for Advanced Underground
Newberry Firehouse Conference Center, Newberry, SC
Thursday, June 15, 2023
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Add to Calendar
Eastern Standard Time
Registration deadline May 29, 2023
ElectriCities Apprenticeship Program hands-on test is used to evaluate proficiency for this school. Hands-on test will be conducted on Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
STUDENT REQUIREMENTS - Students are required to bring the following:
- Required PPE (hard hat, work gloves, rubber gloves and protectors, ANSI Z87 safety glasses, work boots)
- Side Cutter Pliers
- Channel Lock Pliers
- Lineman’s Hammer
- Large Flathead Screwdriver
- 12” Adjustable wrench
- Ratchet wrenches ½”, 9/16”, 5/8”, ¾”
- Hex Key set 3/16-3/8
- Folding Fiberglass Ruler
- Skinning knife
- Lineman’s ratcheting wrench
- Penta Star wrench
- Climbing Gear
- Rain Gear
- Fall Protection System (BuckSqueeze)
- Bucket Harness and Lanyard
- FDR long-sleeve shirt(s)
- Latest Edition of the APPA Safety Manual
Students are encouraged to bring a clean pair of shoes to wear inside the classroom. Students who are physically restricted to participate will be dismissed. Those with damaged or defective equipment will be dismissed.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
- Members: $300
- Associate Members: $500
- Not available to Non-Members
PREREQUISITES: Students must either be registered for the particular school or have previously taken the school.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If a course is cancelled by ElectriCities, all registrants will be notified with a full registration fee refund. Participant Cancellation and No Shows: A non-refundable registration fee will be charged for cancellations after the deadline of May 29, 2023.