Protective Grounding Workshop
Paul Joseph Klutz MD Library and Education Center, Maiden, NC
Tuesday, February 07, 2023
- Thursday, February 09, 2023
Add to Calendar
Eastern Standard Time
Registration deadline January 24, 2023
The Protective Grounding Workshop is for electrical power lineworkers and their supervisors stressing proper grounding theory, design and application of modern grounding schemes. Personal protective ground application, installation and removal, and inspection of grounding systems is explained. Practical exercises associated with grounding transmission and distribution lines are covered in detail using examples. Grounding of substation equipment, busses, conductors and the use of grounding transformers are explained.
- Why Ground?
- Step & Touch Potentials for Ground Personnel
- Vehicle Grounding – Pros and Cons
- Equal Potential Grounding
- Substation Grounding
- Personal Grounding
- Personal Protective Grounds Requirements
STUDENT REQUIREMENTS - Students are required to bring the following:
- Required PPE (hard hat, work gloves, rubber gloves and protectors, ANSI Z87 safety glasses, work boots)
- Side Cutter Pliers
- Channel Lock Pliers
- Lineman’s Hammer
- Large Flathead Screwdriver
- 12” Adjustable wrench
- Ratchet wrenches ½”, 9/16”, 5/8”, ¾”
- Hex Key set 3/16-3/8
- Folding Fiberglass Ruler
- Skinning knife
- Lineman’s ratcheting wrench
- Penta Star wrench
- Voltage Meter
- Rain Gear
- FDR long-sleeve shirt(s)
- Latest Edition of the APPA Safety Manual
Students are encouraged to bring a clean pair of shoes to wear inside the classroom. Students who are physically restricted to participate will be dismissed. Those with damaged or defective equipment will be dismissed.
- Tuesday: 9:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m.– 12:00 p.m.
- Members: $799
- Associate Members: $1099
- Non-Members: $1649
Price includes workbook, snacks and lunch Tuesday – Thursday. Class size is limited to 25.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If a course is cancelled by ElectriCities, all registrants will be notified with a full registration fee refund. Participant Cancellation and No Shows: A non-refundable registration fee will be charged for cancellations after the deadline of January 24, 2023.
INSTRUCTOR: Jeff Freeman