Basic Electric Meter School
Paul Joseph Klutz MD Library and Education Center, Maiden, NC
Tuesday, April 04, 2023
- Thursday, April 06, 2023
Add to Calendar
Eastern Standard Time
Registration deadline March 21, 2023
The focus of the Basic Electric Meter School is to provide training in the basic principles and safe operations involved in electric kilowatt-hour meters. Hands-on experience will be provided with energized electric power meters.
- Brief Meter History
- Meter Safety
- Meter Theory
- Meter Nameplate Information
- Basic Math and Calculations
- Meter Definitions and Construction (hands on assembly and disassembly)
- Instrument Transformers
- Meter Multipliers
- Volt-Meter Principles and Applications
- Demand Meter Concepts
- How to Read Meters
- Meter Load Calculations
- Customer Relations
- Meter Applications (single- and 3-phase)
- Connecting and Disconnecting Meters
- Removing and Setting Meters
STUDENT REQUIREMENTS - Students are required to bring the following:
- Required PPE (hard hat, work gloves, rubber gloves and protectors, ANSI Z87 safety glasses, work boots)
- Long-Sleeved Shirts
- City/Town Uniform
- Latest Edition of the APPA Safety Manual
Students are encouraged to bring a clean pair of shoes to wear inside the classroom. Students who are physically restricted to participate will be dismissed. Students with damaged or defective equipment will be dismissed.
- Tuesday: 9:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m.– 12:00 p.m.
- Members: $599
- Associate Members: $899
- Non-Members: $1449
Price includes workbook, snacks and lunch Tuesday – Wednesday. Class size is limited to 25.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If a course is cancelled by ElectriCities, all registrants will be notified with a full registration fee refund. Participant Cancellation and No Shows: A non-refundable registration fee will be charged for cancellations after the deadline of March 21, 2023.
INSTRUCTOR: Kenny Roberts