Basic Lineworker School (ELT 114)
Newberry Firehouse Conference Center, Newberry, SC
Monday, May 08, 2023
- Friday, May 12, 2023
Add to Calendar
Eastern Standard Time
Registration deadline April 24th, 2023.
The Basic Lineworker School introduces the basics of Power Line Construction. Topics include safe work habits, protective equipment, and pole climbing techniques. Upon completion, students will be able to identify, inspect, and use equipment and demonstrate climbing techniques.
- Basic Knots
- Bucket Rescue Techniques
- Digger & Bucket Truck Operation
- Meter Base Inspection/Voltage Testing
- Personal Protective & Truck Grounding
- Pole Climbing
- Pole Framing
- Pole-top Rescue Techniques
- RUS Construction Specifications
- Installing Transformers
This school is not intended to certify an individual as outlined in (a) (2) (vii) of the 1910.269 Electrical Power Generation Transmission and Distribution Standard.
STUDENT REQUIREMENTS - Students are required to bring the following:
- Required PPE (hard hat, work gloves, rubber gloves and protectors, ANSI Z87 safety glasses, work boots)
- Side Cutter Pliers
- Channel Lock Pliers
- Lineman’s Hammer
- Large Flathead Screwdriver
- 12” Adjustable wrench
- Ratchet wrenches ½”, 9/16”, 5/8”, ¾”
- Hex Key set 3/16-3/8
- Folding Fiberglass Ruler
- Skinning knife
- Lineman’s ratcheting wrench
- Penta Star wrench
- Climbing Gear
- Rain Gear
- Fall Protection System (BuckSqueeze)
- Bucket Harness and Lanyard
- FDR long-sleeve shirt(s)
- Latest Edition of the APPA Safety Manual
Students are encouraged to bring a clean pair of shoes to wear inside the classroom. Students who are physically restricted to participate will be dismissed. Those with damaged or defective equipment will be dismissed.
- Monday: 9:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m.– 12:00 p.m.
- Members: $799
- Associate Members: $1149
- Non-Members: $1699
PREREQUISITES: Climbing School or relevant documented training
CANCELLATION POLICY: If a course is cancelled by ElectriCities, all registrants will be notified with a full registration fee refund. Participant Cancellation and No Shows: A non-refundable registration fee will be charged for cancellations after the deadline of April 24th, 2023.
AFFILIATED PROGRAMS: This course satisfies Safety School requirements for the ElectriCities Lineworker Career Development, Underground Career Development and Apprenticeship (Level I).
NASH COMMUNITY COLLEGE: This course is part of the Nash Community College Electric Line Construction Technology Degree program. Successful completion of the ElectriCities Basic Lineworker School grants participants credit for Nash’s “Overhead Line Construction I” (ELT 114).
INSTRUCTOR: Anthony Michaels