Customer Service 102: Preparing for Success
Kinston Public Service Department, Kinston, NC
Wednesday, February 15, 2023
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Add to Calendar
Eastern Standard Time
Registration deadline February 8th, 2023
This course will provide customer service representatives (CSRs) with best practices focus on…
- Presenting human and technical skills needed to manage customer interactions.
- Engaging in a collaborative customer interaction using the CARP (Control, Acknowledge, Refocus, and Problem Solve) method (includes a role play).
- Exploring technical aspects of the utility business to help CSRs explain them to customers.
The Technical Side of Customer Service
- Understanding the Utility Business
- Generation, Transmission, and Distribution
- The Electric Bill:
- Seven Components
- Calculate Residential and Commercial Bill
- Meter Multipliers
- Electric Rate Classes, Load Factor and Meter Multipliers
- Outage Management Systems: Role of Customer Service
- Solar Energy: The Basics
The Human Side of Customer Service
- Diffusing Angry Customers: The CARP System
- Social Media: Respecting Your Job and Employer
- Be a City Ambassador
CPE: 3 PDU: 3 PDH: 3 CEU: .5
CEUs Continuing Education Units may be recognized by your professional board. Contact your professional board to find out what’s required. Call our office for required documentation.
CLASS TIMES: 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Members: No Cost
- Associate Members: $189
- Non-Members: $229
Price includes participant guide
CANCELLATION POLICY: If a course is cancelled by ElectriCities, all registrants will be notified with a full registration fee refund. Participant Cancellation and No Shows: A non-refundable registration fee will be charged for cancellations after the deadline of February 8th, 2023.
INSTRUCTOR: Dale Odom